9.19.2009

route 66


Do you ever have those times when you are driving to a specific destination and as you pass the little towns along the way you think. "Oh I wish that we had the time to stop and explore."
Well, okay you might not think like that but that is how my mind works! One of my dream vacations is to not have plans at all. Just drive and stop whenever and wherever we want...Oh how I would LOVE that! A couple weekends ago Bray and I did this little dream vacation of mine to an extent, we may have had a final destination in mind but we just drove and stopped whenever we felt like it along the way. It was such a fun day.
One of our many stops:
My favorite street in Ogden.
Eccles Street
I am pretty sure I would love to own the entire street
Another stop:
Brigham City
and just our luck it was the towns celebration
Peach Days

so we went to the town carnival and got ourselves sick on a ride
and of course we had to sample a few of Brigham's delicacies

You can bet there was a whole lot of people watching going on while we were there.

and where was our final destination?
WHY?
to go and visit this cute girl at school

It was one of my favorite adventures! Thanks hubby.

10 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

You guys are too cute. And yes, that would be a dream vacation for me as well. I've always wanted to drive along Highway 1 up through Santa Barbara, Solvang, and on up to Monterey and Carmel and just stop whenever, wherever I like and see what there is to see. :)

Kristen Jensen said...

I didn't know you were so spontaneous! How fun.

P.S It's so quiet around here without you guys, you were such party animals! haha, j/k

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

i must agree...you guys are adorable. Logan is one of my favorites and now I am craving peach cobbler...

Ani said...

i totally know what you mean! i love just driving and stopping whenever!

The Chase's said...

You guys are so cute! Looks like a total blast. I love peach pie! By the way you always have the cutest clothes. I need to borrow something. Is that too highschoolish?? Ha!

Natalie said...

Looks like fun! Cute pictures. Please show me how to edit my pictures better. I KNOW I have already said that before, but seriously I need your help!

Ashley said...

What a fun little trip! It was so good to see you guys the other weekend...we really should get together for lunch one day, it would be fun :)

Tawni & Dan said...

Fun! Now it's time to do that on your way to see us in Boise. I'm sure there are fun places to stop... well, you might get to milk a cow!

Val Murphy said...

Looks like So much fun! I miss doing stuff like that. I really like that last picture of you two on the train tracks! How is Madi doing?!

Emmett and Ashlee said...

I love Logan. I miss that place. I love that picture of you guys on the rail road tracks. Very cool. Looks like a fun trip.