We hiked to Havasupai in Arizona a couple of weeks ago and it was beautiful....once we got there. I don't think that Braydn and I were thinking when we decided to drive 10 hours to the middle of nowhere and then proceed to backpack all our belongings down switchbacks for 10+ miles in the middle of the night!
Lets just say my shoulders were already tensing up from carrying my "way to heavy of a pack" through the parking lot to get to the trail....not a good sign right?
It was quite a new experience for us, with the *help of our headlamps we could see a foot ahead of us....so needless to say we missed all the signs directing us to our destination and were lost following horse poop!
We walked aimlessly for an hour retracing our steps, had a close encounter with some red glowing eyes in the trees (come to find out there are tons of wild horses on the reservation..that would have been helpful to know) ran out of water, and almost had to amputate my toes.
We finally found camp for the few remaining hours of night. When we woke up we were greeted by a beautiful view of port-o-potties lined in a neat row in front of us...we must have been desperate to stop hiking!
*I said help of our headlamps but mine was pointless...all it did was attracted bugs to my face, it was wonderful.
Once we recovered it was beautiful and yes, I would do it all again! The water is crystal clear and there are waterfalls everywhere. It was beautiful everywhere you looked!
mooney falls
here was our camp for the week
Is it offical.....could we pass for granolas?
11 comments:
Is that the same Katie I roomed with at college? Whoa!! I am pretty impressed! You should come on the trek with me. It will be cake compared to that. Way to go!
That's awesome. You could totally pass as a granola! That is something I would not expect you to do, which is even cooler!
That place is gorgeous. It's officially on my list of places to visit.
You're amazing woman!! I'm so jealous but definitely think it was meant to be that we couldn't go because I think I would have DIED!! You need to be my personal trainer and kick my butt into shape so we can go again!!
How beautiful! And I absolutley love the way you improvised with your shoes. Too funny! I'm way jealous- those are the vacations you remember forever. Next time just bring us k?!? Ha
That place looks amazing, I have sorta been checking your blog every other day hoping you would add some pictures after you told me about it. Looks like LOTS of fun!
That looks like so much fun - I am way jealous! And I am jealous that you can look that pretty after hiking and camping for several days. Seriously those pictures are amazing and I want to go.
I am glad that you posted these. I was laughing just looking at them and thinking of you telling the story! It looks beautiful. Maybe we will go with you when you decide to go again. I guess I better start walking to get in shape. Way to go!(and hannah too)
When I think of a granola, I think of unattractive wilderness people. And you my dear could never be such!!! :)
PS- I hope your poor little toes are doing better!
You guys do so much fun stuff together!!! i don't know if i could have handled that but you are awsome!! hope you guys are doing well!
You guys always go on fun trips! I am so jealous!
Wow! I am seriously SO impressed! That looks like a lot of fun. And the shoes... i seriously can't believe you hiked in those things! You go Girl! Thanks for sharing a piece of your life with me.
Post a Comment